Hale Welcomes You!!!
Hale Community School was named in honor of Nathan Hale, one of the noblest patriots of the American Revolution. A statue of Nathan Hale was erected by the Nathan Hale Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution in 1907. The statue, a gift of sculptor William Ordway Partridge, still stands in a small park on Summit Avenue at Portland in St. Paul.
Before the present school was built, children attended a portable
school (also called Nathan Hale) between 51st and 52nd Streets and 12th Avenue. When the School was opened in 1930, the community lined the streets as a parade of children (some pulling wagons of books) moved their things into the new building. Additions were added to the building in 1938, 1954, 1974, and 1997.
In 1971, Hale became a Kindergarten through 3rd grade school when it paired with Eugene Field School. In 2000, Hale became a Kindergarten through 4th grade school.
5330 13th Av S. Minneapolis, MN 55417
Telephone: 612.668.3760 | Fax: 612.668.3770