Dear Parents or Guardians;
The physical education program at Hale Elementary School is a cooperative venture between the physical education specialist, the classroom teacher, the parents and the students. Your child will be involved in a structured physical education class, which will incorporate both original units and lessons specific to physical education, as well as units or lessons that correspond with the topics studied in the classroom.
The goals for our students in physical education are:
· To emphasize fun while increasing students’ levels of physical fitness.
· To teach knowledge of rules and strategies when playing a game or activity.
· To emphasize the self-satisfaction of giving one’s best effort, regardless of winning or losing.
· To help all students become aware of their capabilities while participating in various activities.
· To promote positive student interactions through physical activity.
· To help students find activities they can play outside of school in a community setting.
For all students to have a safe and positive experience in physical education, the following expectations will need to be followed:
· All students will listen and follow the instructor’s directions.
· All students will try their best in all activities.
· All students will cooperate and work well with their classmates and instructor.
· All students will display a positive attitude while maintaining self-control.
· All students will participate in the activities scheduled unless a written reason is given. If an illness or injury persists, please have a doctor write a note explaining the restrictions your child has, as well as the duration of the injury or illness.
· All students have been reminded that they must wear tennis shoes or sneakers and socks during their physical education class. This rule is for his/her own safety as well as the safety of the other students. No high heels (including wedges), clogs, boots or sandals will be permitted and the student will be asked to sit out of the fun activities for the day. Sneakers must fit well and stay on the student during the activity as well.
Check out our website for changes in the schedule as well as information on events and our PE wish list! http://hale.mpls.k12.mn.us/physical_education. We are also in need of scooter city volunteers to build/create stops in our city. If you are interested please contact me.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for taking the time to read this with your child. This is going to be a fun-filled year!
Yours in fun and fitness,
Larissa Parr & Ashley Bruun
Physical Education and DAPE Specialists
Hale Elementary School